Would you like to use one of the best builds in Diablo 3?
Diablo 3 released 7 years ago and is still one of the most popular RPG games today. We have learned over the years what the best methods are in the game to dominate opponents in PvP and PvE.
The Akkhan build has been the best the Diablo 3 best crusader build for years, and for good reason. It’s efficient, effective, and relies on strong combos.
This guide will explain everything you need to know to create an Akkhan build in Diablo 3.
Akkhan Build Prerequisites
Before making the Akkhan build, there are some things that you must have before you are able to:
- You must be Level 70.
- Your character must be a Crusader to equip the Akkhan set.
- Play the game on Torment difficulty.
These conditions must be met or else you will be unable to use the Akkhan gear. You must be level 70 and playing the gaming on Torment for the gear to drop. They can drop from any mob.
The armor of Akkhan build revolves around using Akkhan armor pieces that give great stats to the user and provides impactful bonuses that make a difference.
- Helm: Helm of Akkhan – Has 1 gem socket.
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of Akkhan – Gives Resistance to all elements.
- Gloves: Gauntlets of Akkhan – Increases critical hit chance.
- Chest: Breastplate of Akkhan – Has 3 gem sockets.
- Belt: String of Ears – Grants extra vitality and reduces damage from melee attacks.
- Pants: Cuisses of Akkhan – Has 2 gem sockets.
- Boots: Illusory Boots – Gives Resistance to all elements and grants extra movement speed. Also allows the user to move without being hindered.
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers – Increases critical hit chance and grants extra vitality. Also increases the damage of the user’s attacks when they knock back an enemy.
- Amulet: Talisman of Akkhan – Has 1 gem socket. Increases critical hit chance.
- Ring 1: Focus – Has 1 gem socket.
- Ring 2: Restraint – Has 1 gem socket.
- Weapon: The Furnace – Deals fire damage and increased damage against elites.
- Offhand: Frydehr’s Wrath – Removes the cooldown from the ‘Condemn’ skill and increases its damage. Makes it require 40 Wrath to cast.
Many items in Diablo 3 are a part of sets that provide extra bonuses when using together. The Akkhan build makes use of two sets:
Armor of Akkhan
Using any 6 pieces of the Akkhan set will provide the following bonuses:
- When the skill ‘Akarat’s Champions’ is active, the cost of all abilities will be reduced by 50%.
- The cooldown of ‘Akarat’s Champion’ is reduced by 50%.
- When ‘Akarat’s Champion’ is active, the user deals 1500% increased damage and is resistant to 50% of incoming damage.
Bastions of Will
The two rings that are in the build, Focus and Restraint, are part of a 2-piece set. They provide the following when used together.:
- Landing attacks that generate resources will give the user a 50% increased damage bonus for 5 seconds.
- Landing attacks that spend resources will also give the user a 50% increased damage bonus for 5 seconds.
Skills and Runes
The two most important skills in the Akkhan build are Akarat’s Champion and Condemn. Because of the buffs that the Akkhan set gives, it’s easy to make use of the two abilities. The Akkhan build is a Diablo 3 Condemn build.
Here are the primary skills that the Akkhan build uses:
Cooldown: 45 seconds
Akarat’s Champion increases the user’s damage by 35% and increases the regeneration of Wrath by 5 for 20 seconds.
This skill is amplified because of the Akkhan set, further increasing the damage boost and Resistance to attacks.
While the skill is active, this rune gives 150% extra armor and fully regenerates health upon taking fatal damage for the first time.
Condemn creates an explosion after 3 seconds of charging that deals 1160% of Holy damage based on the user’s weapon damage.
Guard pulls in enemies towards the explosion as it is charging.
This skill is considered a basic attack. Slash generates 5 Wrath every attack. It also deals 230% of Fire damage each attack based on the user’s weapon damage.
The Guard rune stacks 5% of increased armor on the user for every hit up to 5 times.
Laws of Valor
Cooldown: 30 seconds
The Laws of Valor skill consists of two ‘laws’ that can be used at any time. The active law grants 15% increased attack speed for 5 seconds to the user and their allies.
The passive law only grants 8% increased attack speed but doesn’t require a cooldown.
Rune: Unstoppable Force
Using the active law reduces the cost of Wrath skills by 50% for 5 seconds.
Cooldown: 20 seconds
Provoke generates 30 Wrath upon use. It taunts nearby enemies and generates 5 Wrath for every enemy that is taunted. The taunt will make enemies attack the user for 4 seconds.
Rune: Too Scared to Run
This rune reduced the attack speed of taunted enemies by 50% and their movement speed by 80% for 4 seconds.
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Increases Damage Resistance by 50% for 4 seconds.
Rune: Steel Skin
Steel Skin Increases the duration of this skill to 7 seconds rather than 4.
Allows the user to wield a two-handed weapon in their main hand and a shield in their off hand. This also reduces the damage dealt by 20%.
Long Arm of the Law
Increases the duration of the active law in ‘Laws of Valor’ by 5 seconds. This makes the ability last 10 seconds rather than 5.
Increases weapon damage by 10% and heals the user for 1% of their total health every time Holy damage is dealt.
Gives the user an extra 1.5% for every gem that is socketed into their gear.
Gems are a very important aspect of having a good build in Diablo 3 because they offer a variety of buffs. Most gems give different bonuses depending on where you put them.
Here are the recommended gems for a Condemn Crusader build:
Flawless Ruby Diamond – Helmet
A flawless ruby diamond when equipped to a helmet socket will reduce the cooldown of every skill by 12.5%.
Flawless Royal Ruby – Chest
Grants the user an additional 280 strength.
Flawless Royal Diamond – Pants
Grants the user an increased 78 Resistance to all elements.
Flawless Royal Emerald – Weapon
Increases the damage of critical hits by 130%.
Bane of the Trapped
Increases the damage against enemies under effects such as taunts by 15%.
Bane of the Stricken
Increases the damage dealt against enemies by .80% for every attack they take.
Grants the user a 10% damage reduction to non-Physical attacks.
Use This Build to Win Every Time
There are many things to learn when playing Diablo 3, but you’ve now learned what makes the Diablo 3 Akkhan build busted. The Akkhan build is also great for those that enjoy playing Crusader, and it’s easy to learn.
If you’re completely new, check out this article about some things to know about Diablo 3.