Namco Bandai Games is a popular name in the industry of games. Namco is famous for its epic games, and one of them is Dark Souls. Dark Souls is the most surprising release of Namco. It is an action role-playing game such as The Diablo, The Witcher and many more. It is a game, which is available on almost every device such as PC, PlayStation, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Switch. The latest version of Dark Souls is Dark Souls 3; “FromSoftware” is working on the fourth version as well. Most Probably Namco will release it by 2020.
Dark Souls Requirements
Let us discuss the minimum requirements of the Dark Souls. If you are a PlayStation gamer and want to play Dark Souls smoothly with high FPS, then it is necessary to have a PlayStation 4. For an Xbox user, it is essential to have an Xbox 1. In the end, we will discuss the PC requirements.
The minimum pc requirements suggested by the company for users are:
- Operating System Windows 7 64-bit.
- AMD A8 3870 3.6 Ghz or Intel Core i3 2100 3.1 Ghz.
- Minimum Memory must be 8 GB RAM.
- Minimum Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 / ATI Radeon TM HD 6870.
- Version 11 of Direct X.
- Good Internet Connection.
- 50 GB available space.
- DirectX 11 sound device.
Keep in mind; these are the minimum specs for the Dark Souls. If you want the efficient experience of gaming, then you need good specs in your pc.
How to Install Dark Souls Mods
When you install any version of Dark Soul, you will not get all the modifications. To install the mods of Dark Souls, you have to perform multiple actions. Installing these mods are not an easy task; do not skip any step; otherwise, you will skip some features.
- Dark Souls PvP Watchdog.
- Dark Souls Connectivity Mod.
- HD Painted Soapstone Signs.
- Health Bar Usability Signs.
- Improved Normal Arrows.
- Optimized Lava Eyesore Fix.
All these mods are mostly preinstalled, if not you can download them from the official nexus mods website. http://www.nexusmods.com/.
- Dark Souls Mouse Fix.
- The latest version of Mouse Fix.
These tree Mods are readily available on nexus mods, Reddit, and GitHub. You have to write the name of the Mod in the search bar.
- To improve the graphics get the Dark Souls SweetFX HDR.
This mode is also available on Nexus mods website.
- To provide an interface to gamepad icons you have to install multiple mods such as Xbox 360 HD interface Icons.
- Xbox One icons.
- Dual Shock 3 interface icons.
- Dark Souls Dual Shock 4 interface.
These mods are only available on the Nexus mods website.
- Optional Mods for Dark Souls
- Sound effects for Dark Souls.
- Dark Souls Input Customizer.
- DS- Exe modifier.
- Health Bars Usability Tweaks.
- Again, use Nexus mods for installing these mods.
How to use installed mods of Dark Souls
First, connect your desired version of Dark Souls then launch the game on the steam. Starting the game once will help the Steam to install all the required prerequisites.
- Find the folder in which DSMI-MainLauncher is installing.
- Run the DSMI-MainLauncher.
- A new screen will appear Click project settings.
- Click Install mods; it will install all DSMI files.
- Click settings.
- Click Play and run the game + DSCM.
What Kind of Mods Can you Install?
There is a vast selection of mods which can be downloaded for Dark Souls. You can get things that simply improve the game, doing things as simple as improving the resolution or the subtitle fonts. If you want to play the game a lot more though, you can do things like add the mod Dark Souls: Daughters of Ash, which extends the game. In this mod, you get tons of new items, levels, NPC’s, enemies, and even bosses. This is just one of the many amazing mods you can get for this great game.