5 Tips to Win More in Call Of Duty: Warzone
The new battle royale mode that came out in the new Modern Warfare is taking the world by storm. Unlike traditional Call of Duty game modes, Warzone has 150 players on one massive map, all dropping in and competing to be the last alive in its slower, more strategic match. Being good at other game modes does always make you a good Warzone player, but with these tips, you are sure to start getting more wins.
1: Building the Right Loadout
The guns you use in search and destroy or domination do not usually work well win Warzone. If you want to optimize you weapon class to get the most wins possible, then you have to cater it towards the way you want to play
- If you want to play aggressive, run a weapon like an SMG and a rocket launcher. SMGs melt through armor and explosives are incredibly overpowered when the opponents are in vehicles or camping.
- If you like to keep your opponents at a distance, try using sniper rifles with thermal scopes to help scout out enemies. With such a bit map, it can be hard to find people, and a thermal is a great solution.
- LMG’s can be used in basically any range and pack a ton of fire power if you wish to hold down positions for most of the game. They can easily take out whole teams without reloading, but a lighter secondary is required for mobility.
The type of gun isn’t the only thing you should consider though. Attachments such as monolithic suppressors are a must because they keep you off of the mini map and add range. The perk fully loaded allows you to have max ammo for your weapon, which is great for guns with ammo that is hard to find. Also, the heartbeat sensor is a game changer when it comes to finding camping teams.
2: Complete Bounties Early Game
One of the most interesting aspects of any battle royale is Warzone’s bounties. The bounties allow you to get cash by doing things like killing players, among other things. Not only do you additional cash early on, but bounties are incredibly useful for telling you if there are other players near by to kill, and where they are located. Bounties are marked on the map so it is very easy to find them when dropping in early game. A successful use of bounties can greatly aid in getting off to a great start in any game.
3: Use Your Cash Effectively
Using your team’s cash to your advantage will give you a significant edge over any team that isn’t. For $1,500, an Armor Plate Bundle can be bought that maxes out your plate storage. A UAV can be purchased for $4,000, which makes killing enemies late in the game a lot easier. Self revive kits are another great item, which gives you a second life when you are down in a fight, and only cost $4,500. However, the best item by far is a loadout drop. Once your team has over $8,500, go to the nearest Buy station, and get your team a loadout drop. This will allow you to get your custom Warzone class, giving you an edge over teams with lower quality weapons.
4: Play Rotations Properly
As the circle moves in, the last thing you want to have happen is to be sandwiched between two teams while the gas is on your back. To avoid this, there are a few things you can do:
- Move early: Moving immediately once you find out where the new circle will allow you plenty of time to stay as covered as possible while making your way to a safe area. It is never ideal to run through wide open areas and moving early can help avoid this.
- Stay on the outside: Being in the center of the zone means there are more potential places to be shot from, and less of an ability to focus on specific areas. By staying near the parameter, your team can much more easily pick off other teams one by one as they run.
- Vehicles: faster movement means less time to be shot at. Just remember that vehicles are loud and appear on the map, so armored trucks and buggies are the best because they can take the most damage and move the fastest respectively.
The most important and easy way to increase the amount of wins you get is to improve your team’s communication. When playing trios or quads, make sure everyone has a mic. Talking is the most effective way to make sure everyone is on the right page. Always try to call out things like where you are getting shot from, and with what weapons. Also make sure your teammates have all their ammo and armor needs met.
Effective use of the ping mechanic can also help you win more. Pinning enemies shows your whole team where they are, and can make gun fights a lot easier. Also make sure to pin weapons that your teammates may need, and accessories like bullets and lethals.
One of the most overpowered ways to communicate, is when you and a teammate are both in the gulag. When you are fighting, have your teammates call out the other players location, allowing you to sneak up on them and kill them by surprise. Doing this will greatly increase your success in one versus one fights.
Hopefully this article will set you on your way to winning more games of Warzone. If you liked this article, make sure to check out our other articles on Call of Duty.